Sunday, May 5, 2013
Bikes for Everyone
I recently posted a picture of daddy and Jack going for a bike ride. Jack asks almost daily to go for a "fun bike ride." Last time I took him on just the stroller he told me he wanted to go see the animals. I asked him what animals and he said "horsies, donkeys, ducks probly," meaning he wanted me to take him on the Highline Canal Trail which Justin has taken him on a couple times now (you can get on very close to our house). I obviously let him down. So I decided that if I want to take part in this activity that Jack and Justin enjoy, I'd better get a bike. Today we made that happen.
Also, our amazing neighbors gave us their little trailer for the back of a bike. Apparently their girls didn't like it, and now their girls are big enough they ride their own bikes. So it's practically new! Justin got it hooked up last week, so it's now ready when Elijah is. That probably won't be for a couple months anyway, but we are really hoping they like it so we can take it for picnics and longer rides.
Here is a picture of Jack's little tricycle too. He's slowly learning how to pedal, as visible in the first video, but what he really likes is to barrel down our driveway, as shown in the second video. Note this is unsafe behavior, and we've already been caught a couple times with him nearly taking off without adult supervision. Really it's just a matter of time until he gets himself hurt, but what can we say... Our son loves the speed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment